To apply for a position:
- Send your Resume and Application letter, confirming your relevant skills and experience to
- Include in your application, details of your earliest joining date.
- Please indicate your salary expectations
- After screening, all pre-qualified candidates will interview by telephone and shortlisted candidates will undergo face-to-face interviews in Johannesburg.
Seeking an experienced Project Engineer with knowledge of and experience in renewable energy projects specifically in solar PV projects in the commercial and industrial sector in South Africa.
Mandatory criteria: 8-10 years working as an engineer in solar pv projects (rooftop and ground mounted) in the commercial and industrial sector in South Africa
- Develop conceptual engineering proposals, including designs of solar pv projects.
Engineering and Procurement
- Successful deployment of solar projects according to scope, within budget and as per strict deadlines.
- Planning, scheduling, liaising, coordinating and monitoring C&I solar energy generation power plants.
- Reporting site assessments, pricing and logistics, design, creating schedules.
Negotiating contracts and ensuring legal requirements are met.
- Managing contract documents, risks and changes throughout the project.
- Responsible for providing direction and support to construction manager for adherence to timely compliances from all the contractors and subcontractors for execution of work smoothly and timely.
- Management of subcontractors and suppliers.
- Overseeing and undertaking procurement processes, scheduling, logistics.
Leading and management of the EPC team on site consisting of lead technician and technicians and subcontractors.
- Commissioning and conducting operations and maintenance on projects.
Provide overall technical direction to the installation and sales teams.
- 8-10 years working as an engineer in solar projects in South Africa.
- BSc, BEng/BTech electrical/energy/mechatronics (Master’s is an added advantage).
- Registration with ECSA as a professional engineer (added advantage).
- 5+ years’ experience working in the South Africa renewable energy market in the residential and/or commercial and industrial sector.
- Experience in project management.
- Be proficient in AutoCAD software.
- Fully proficient in both PVSyst and PVsol.
- MS Office & Project tools like MS Project.
- Wiremans license (added advantage).
- Knowledge of NEC requirements.
- Authority to sign off installations (added advantage).
- Must have own transport including vehicle.
Senior Business Development Manager:
Seeking an experienced Business Development Manager with extensive experience in renewable energy projects.
Mandatory criteria: 8-10 years working in a business development role in renewable energy projects (solar pv – rooftop and ground mounted) in South Africa
- Lead business development planning processes for this market and you will be a key representative of the company.
- Responsible for selling the company’s energy products, services, solutions, and/or projects.
- Engage with senior professionals, attend events and cultivate long-term relationships at all levels of customer organizations.
- Work with customers to determine appropriate product and/or service solutions to solve their challenges and grow the company’s business.
- Contribute to defining and implementing marketing strategies to increase order volumes and profitability of the company.
- Establish a systematic business-scouting program with the purpose of identifying existing and new market opportunities.
- Leverage cross-functional and cross business resources to maximize market penetration.
- Work closely with the company’s management team to understand the broad company strategy and key business objectives.
- Attend to adhoc duties (incl. staff management and event planning and visits from investors to project sites).
- Ensure that the preferential procurement & supplier database procedures are met for potential clients of the company.
- Actively monitor and evaluate both state and private sector tender bid opportunities and leveraging relationships with engineering consulting firms for close bid tenders.
- Conduct market and competitor analysis research, engage with new suppliers and maintain abreast of legislation which may affect operations and/or business strategy in South Africa and SADC.
- Provide overall technical direction to the technical and sales teams.
- 8-10 years working in a business development environment for renewable energy projects (solar pv rooftop and ground mounted) in South Africa.
- BSc/BTech/BEng. (MBA or master’s an added advantage).
- 5+ years’ experience working in the South Africa renewable energy market in the commercial and industrial sector.
- Qualification and/or experience in project management.
- Must have own transport including vehicle.